ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Able Seaman (AB) is a non-officer member of the deck crew (deck rating position). The main duties and responsibilities of the AB include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Captain and/or Mate
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties in order to preserve the painted surface of the tugs such as chipping, cleaning, painting and removing rust spots from deck and sides of ship using hand or air chipping hammer and wire brush
- Responsible for keeping the vessel in a clean, tidy condition
- Handles ropes and cables during mooring, berthing and ship docking operations
- Overhauls and operates emergency and safety equipment such as life rafts and life raft gear
- Performs all operations connected with the launching of lifesaving equipment
- The AB may be a member of the ship's firefighting party
- Stands watch
- Participates in crew safety drills
- Twic, MMD and Able seaman endorsement.
- Ability to work week on week off.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and at night. Willing to take call outs.
- Valid State driver’s license.
To apply for jobs at Marine towing of Tampa, e-mail your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail.
Fax your résumé to: (813) 242-4525
- No phone calls
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RÉSUMÉ UNLESS RESPONDING TO A CURRENT OPENING. WE ARE UNABLE TO RETAIN UNSOLICITED RÉSUMÉS.
Marine Towing practices Equal Employment Opportunity in all matters of employment.
Marine Towing is a drug free work place. Pre-employment drug testing is required.